LOS CABOS HUMANE SOCIETY presents
THE SIXTH ANNUAL “DOG DAY AFTERNOON”
Flora Farm hosts fundraiser on Nov. 8, 2009.
The Los Cabos Humane Society invites all animal and food lovers to attend “Dog Day
Afternoon,” a fundraiser at the Greene’s fabulous Flora Farm on Sunday, November 8,
2009, from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Los Cabos Humane Society continues to benefit from everyone’s generous gifts and
donations. Since the inception of the CARE and the Cabo San Lucas Humane Society
merger in June of 2009, the society continues making a much needed difference. We are
working diligently to improve the quality of the lives of those who can’t speak for
themselves and for everyone in our Los Cabos community. This culinary event enables
the society to continue reducing the number of animals through adoption, spay and
neutering, and rescue.
• Sample original cuisines by local chefs.
• This year’s local restaurants include: Local 8, Edith’s, El Vaqueros, Salsitas, The
Baja Fire Grill, Voila, Frutopica, The French Riviera, Casianos, The Office, ‘H’,
El Matador, Xoco, and Seven Seas. Better than ever!
• Special guest judges, Troy Chandler from Bonsai Bistro in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho
and Rusty Staub, legendary New York Met baseball player join local celebrity
judges to assess the restaurants in 5 different categories. These categories are:
Best Use of Local Ingredients, Best Plate Presentation, Best Prepared Dish, Most
Original Concept and Best Booth.
Special Guest Ursula Hermacinscki, well known Auctioneer who has been
involved with Wine auctions and fundraisers throughout Napa Valley and Aspen
will be present.
• Bid on silent and live auction items! Packages include art, jewelry, spa
treatments, fishing trips, tequila collections, Napa Valley trip and more —
something for everyone!
• Special 100 bottle Wine Collection raffle.
• Relax with friends in a fantastic farm setting
• Park at the Soccer field at Puerto Los Cabos, shuttles will take you to the Flora
• Please note that parking attendants will guide you, and all vehicles will be
watched by security.
• $650 pesos (US $50 dollars) Ticket sales start October 1, 2009
• Tickets can be purchased online at www.dogdayafternooncabo.com or at the
following locations: San Jose at MexSun Day Spa, Pez Gordo, Spa Cielo, Cabo
San Lucas at Tropica Calypso in the Puerto Paraiso Mall, Realty Executives,
• Corporate tables are available for $1500 – VIP tickets include advance admission
an hour early including priority restaurant tastings, shade seating, and parking at
the Flora Farm.
While we love our pets, we kindly ask that you leave them at home during the event.
Many thanks to our sponsors and volunteers.
For more information about the event go to www.dogdayafternooncabo.com
To become a sponsor or volunteer, please contact:
Janet Jensen, Vice President
Los Cabos Humane Society
044 624 142 4873 c
What is new? Please visit out society website at www.humanesocietycabo.com